Breitscheidt is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Hamm (Sieg).
The municipality is situated on the southern edge of the Sieg Valley above Hamm (Sieg) and splendor, located in the north; more neighboring municipalities are Ölsen in the west, the southwest and Birkenbeul Seelbach in the east.
To Breitscheidt except the eponymous site include the districts Heath, of Mills, pan pint, Thalhausen and sub- contactors.
By the year 1806 Breitscheidt belonged to the county of Sayn- Hachenburg. Breitscheidt formed within the parish Hamm a "Send " above its own administrative district, which included the towns of Thalhausen and sub- contactors. The county of Sayn- Hachenburg 1799 was fallen on the Erbweg to the princes of Nassau- Weilburg. 1806 came the two princes of Nassau in the Napoleonic Confederation of the Rhine, so that the region of 1806 belonged to the Duchy of Nassau. Because of the Congress of Vienna (1815 ) agreements, the area was ceded to the Kingdom of Prussia.
Under the Prussian administration Breitscheidt the mayor Hamm was assigned to the newly built district of Old churches that belonged from 1822 to the Rhine province.
Today's church was established on June 7, 1969 by recharge from the communities Breitscheidt ( 529 inhabitants) and sub- contactors ( 118 inhabitants).
The development of the population of Breitscheidt based on the present-day municipality; the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Breitscheidt consists of twelve council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 of personalized proportional representation, and the honorary mayor as chairman. The twelve seats in the City Council are distributed among three groups of voters.
In Breitscheidt is a train station of the upper Westerwaldbahn (Au (Sieg) - Old Churches ( Westerwald) - Hachenburg - Westerburg - Limburg (Lahn ) ), which is served by local trains the transport company Vectus usually every hour in both directions, including weekends and on public holidays. Old churches on the section - Au is from Monday to Friday partly also a 30 -minute intervals.
The Au Train Station is a train about eight minutes. There is connection to the S- Bahn line 12 via Siegburg / Bonn, Troisdorf, Cologne and Horrem to Düren, to RE 9, also referred to as Rhein-Sieg- Express, which between Siegen, Au, Siegburg / Bonn, Troisdorf and Cologne commutes to Aachen as well as for regional train, which commutes between Au and Dillenburg.
At the station, and Au at the station Old Churches ( Westerwald) there are park and ride facilities for cars and motorcycles, as well as in old churches, a bike and ride facility for bicycles.
Since the County Old churches since January 1, 2009 Member of the transport association Rhein Mosel ( VRM ) and the tariff of the transport association Rhein-Sieg (VRS ) is recognized as the transition rate from the VRS region in the county, it is possible both to the VRM as well as for VRS tariff as well as the DB / Vectus fare to travel to Breitscheidt.
→ List of cultural monuments in Breitscheidt