Herdorf is a union -level city in Hellertal, north of Daaden in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. Herdorf is a nationally recognized resort and recognized as a basic center in accordance with national planning. The city rights were granted Herdorf on 24 January 1981.
- 2.1 Cultural Monuments
- 2.2 Mining
- 2.3 Demographics
- 4.1 City Council
- 4.2 Constituencies
- 4.3 Coat of Arms
- 4.4 twinning
- 5.1 traffic
- 5.2 Leisure and sports facilities
- 6.1 freeman
- 6.2 Sons and daughters of the town
- 6.3 associated with Herdorf people
Herdorf located in the eastern part of the district and the Old churches in the southwestern winner country south-southwest of Siegen. It is located in the Valley of Light, an eastern tributary of the victory. On the border between Herdorf and Neunkirchen, in North Rhine -Westphalia is the High Seelbach head, with 517.5 m, the highest elevation in the local area.
The transition from the Late Hallstatt to early La Tène period (6th / 5th century BC), the oldest mining- archaeological evidence from the area come Herdorfer These are predominantly fragments and slag residues.
In 1344 Herdorf was first mentioned. Around 1360 came the place under the rule of the Counts of Sayn. This divided the district north to the Office and the Heller court Freusburg and the parish churches and the southern district of the Office and Court Friedewald and the parish Daaden. Since the mid-17th century after an inheritance Herdorf belonged to the county of Sayn- old churches.
Due to the Imperial Diet Losing the county of Sayn- old churches in 1803 the Principality of Nassau- Usingen awarded from 1806 to Herdorf belonged to the Duchy of Nassau, and since 1815 with the Kingdom of Prussia. Under the Prussian administration Herdorf belonged to the mayor's Daaden in the 1816 newly created district of Old Churches in the Region of Koblenz and from 1822 to the Rhine province.
1955 was created with the previously independent municipalities Sassenroth and Dermbach the first municipality and Herdorf. On January 24, 1981 Herdorf was raised by decision of the Rhineland-Palatinate state government to the city.
On 13 December 2013, the parliament of Rhineland -Palatinate has decided against the will of the two affected local authorities, from July 1, 2014 to end by the " state law on the integration of the combined free city Herdorf in the municipality Daaden " the association freedom of the city and to integrate them into the community association. The name of the municipality is then " collective municipality Herdorf - Daaden ". Both the city and the municipality Herdorf Daaden have stated that they will appeal against the state law constitutional complaint.
→ List of cultural monuments in Herdorf
Herdorf was one of the centers of mining in the winner country with the most mines on a local area of the winning country. By 1962, approximately 60 million tons of iron ore were promoted in the Herdorfer mines in 100 years. Dozens of mines have greatly influenced the culture and industry of the region. The most important mines were:
- Bollenbach, before 1746-1927
- Concordia ( in Dermbach ), 1875-1962
- Friedrich Wilhelm, 1820-1965 before
- Gulden Hardt ( in Dermbach ), before 1705-1880
- Hollertszug, 1794-1910
- Cottage Grove ( Concordia ), 1833-1910
- San Fernando, 1855-1958
- Stahlert ( to Bollenbach ), in 1870-1910 (1926 )
- Wolf, 1870-1958
- Random happiness ( San Fernando ), 1830-1921
In addition to the pits, there were Herdorf the Friedrichshütte, a significant hut plant whose main building, the so-called cottage house still stands and houses a cultural hall and restaurants. Since 1986, the Mining Museum of the circle old churches documented in Sassenroth district of the history of mining in the region Herdorfer.
The development of the population of Herdorf based on the current urban area; the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
Herdorf is predominantly Catholic. The Catholic parish of St. Aloysius belongs to the diocese of Trier ( Trierische island), in the district Dermbach there is a branch church. Since 2007, a parish communion of the Catholic parish of St. Aloysius Herdorf with the neighboring parish of Alsdorf.
The Protestant community Herdorf - Struthütten ( district of the neighboring municipality of Neunkirchen in North Rhine -Westphalia ) belongs to the Evangelical Church in the Rhineland.
The council consists of 22 Herdorf volunteer council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 of personalized proportional representation and the full-time mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the City Council:
In state elections the city Herdorf part of the constituency 01-Betzdorf/Kirchen (Sieg), in federal elections for constituency 198 - Neuwied.
Coat of arms
Blazon: The coat of arms of the city Herdorf shows the divided shield up in a silver blue wall under a golden crown; divided down by a curly silver tip, the front of a golden red blue reinforced herschauender lion; back in black with a silver oblique beams, covered with three black pig heads.
Meaning: The Herdorfer crest symbolized by the tripartite division of the three villages Herdorf, Dermbach and Sassenroth and at the same time the historical division into right and left parts of Heller, which belonged respectively to different administrative areas. Through the golden lion on a red background belonging to the County of Sayn and is symbolized by the black pig heads on silver oblique beams belonging to the lords of Freusburg. By the crown and wall reference is made to the territory of the king wall.
Herdorf maintains since 1982 a partnership with the French community and small town of Saint -Laurent- du- Pont.
Economy and infrastructure
Herdorf is at the leading of Betzdorf about Burbach to Haiger railway Betz Village Haiger, which is operated by the Heller Valley Railway GmbH. The BRS line R23 Neunkirchen- Herdorf ( Daaden ) served in a regular clock, the town, which consist in Neunkirchen with the R22 connections to Siegen and with the R44 to Burbach. In Daaden is following the Daadetalbahn by Betz village.
Leisure and sports facilities
- Ludwig- Wolker sports facility ( association's own system of DJK TuS Herdorf eV)
- Glück Auf arena ( city-owned soccer field )
- Albert Homscheid, prelate, honorary canon
- Albert Lerner
- Alfons Mockenhaupt
- August Sander
Sons and daughters of the town
- Gustav Brühl (1826-1903), physician, poet, archaeologist, lawyer
- Maria Homscheid (1872-1948), regional poet
- August Sander (1876-1964), Photographer
- Hans -Gerhard Dedeke (1904-1975), politician ( NSDAP)
- Lucie Kurlbaum - Beyer (1914-2008), politician (SPD ), long-standing member of parliament
Associated with Herdorf people
- Verena threesome by the club DJK Herdorf / LG victory was German champion in 3000 -meter steeplechase in 2005 and 2006.
- The boxer Peter Hussing ( super heavyweight ) began his career in boxing club Herdorf.
- The former footballer Marco Weller played inter alia for the 1st FC Cologne and Dynamo Dresden and played numerous matches in the German junior national teams.
1934 practiced Herdorfer Sass and Rother Citizens of resistance against the Nazis. In a referendum on the union of the offices of state " Reich President and Reich Chancellor " means the acquisition of the two offices by Adolf Hitler should be legitimized. Nationally, Hitler got 89 % of the votes. In Sassenroth there were only 49.7 % and in Herdorf 65% approval. As a result, the Nazi Party incited against the inhabitants and openly called for reprisals against the citizens. So was read on a banner in Herdorf: " 900 traitors here at the site! Betrayal is worse than murder, drum hikers consider, take your so'n pig! "