- 4.1 Schloss Friedewald
- 4.2 Cultural Monuments
- 5.1 traffic
Friedewald situated in the northern Rhineland -Palatinate in the High Westerwald on the edge of Neunkhausener - width fields plateau. In the north of the town of Friedewalder stream that flows into Daaden in the Daade springs. North of Friedewald is the Galgenkopf, northeast of the mold Erich Arndt and south of the head next to the Friedewalder height.
Neighboring communities of Friedewald are Daaden ( with beer village ) in the north, Derschen in the east, and Nisterberg Lautzenbrücken in the south, Langenbach bei Kirburg in the southwest and length field in the Northwest.
Friedewald was first mentioned in 1324 as " spots Friedewald " when Emperor Ludwig the Bavarian Count Ludwig von Sayn granted permission, the place to be fixed. Long was the site of judicial and administrative seat of the Office Friedewald in the county of Sayn- old churches, the parish was Daaden. In 1803, Friedewald came to the Principality of Nassau- Usingen, 1806 Duchy of Nassau and 1815 to the Kingdom of Prussia. Under the Prussian administration Friedewald 1806 mayoralty Daaden was assigned in a circle old churches and the Region of Koblenz.
A now disused basalt quarry has been filled with water and become a projected nature biotope with amphibians.
The development of the population of Friedewald, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Friedewald consists of 16 council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
Culture and sights
Center of the community is a castle with a Renaissance facade. Friedewald received from Louis the Bavarian town of the same rights as Frankfurt am Main, has remained smaller.
The Counts of Sayn were able to secure their country's sovereignty in the High Westerwald and in Daadetal until the 14th century; the medieval in its origins lock sets of this effort testimony. The town enjoyed from 1324 city rights, which procured him Count Gottfried von Sayn. An important role was played by the castle during the Thirty Years' War as a last refuge for the county. 1671 came to the Friedewald Reich county of Sayn- old churches here had its headquarters until 1791. Count Heinrich of Sayn built a Renaissance castle in place of the medieval castle in 1580. Meanwhile ruin bought in 1885 by Alexander Graf Hachenburg (from the noble family of Sayn- Wittgenstein) for five Prussian thalers from the Treasury, she built historically true again and moved it ten years later, he still goal for the following years. After Dehio the castle is regarded as " a particularly striking example of German princely palaces of Mannerism ". In 1912 he sold the castle for 450,000 marks to Prince Otto von Sayn -Wittgenstein- Berleburg; However, the tomb of built him ( Count Crypt) above the place was empty.
The castle is occupied by the Protestant Social Academy Friedewald and since 2004 also by the Social Foundation Protestantism since 1949. Since about mid- 2000, the castle is used as a hotel, in whose chapel weddings are also performed.
List of cultural monuments in Friedewald (Westerwald )
Economy and infrastructure
Friedewald 's up to the state roads 285 and 286 Bus lines 259 and 455 connect Friedewald with the station Daaden at the Daadetalbahn, they are collectively assigned to the transport association Rhein-Mosel and the transport association Rhein-Sieg both.
Those who worked in Friedewald
- Alexander Graf Hachenburg, born as Count of Sayn -Wittgenstein (1847-1940), author and re- builder of Friedewalder castle.