Roth is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Hamm (Sieg).
Roth is about three kilometers southwest of knowledge at the meeting point of national highway 256 and Federal Highway 62
Districts are Roth, Oettershagen, Hohensayn, Nisterbrück, hammers wood, Thal, Nisterau and Schlade.
The place was first mentioned in 1487 in the Roth book Miracles of Marienthal.
By the year 1806 Roth belonged to the county of Sayn- Hachenburg. Roth formed within the parish Hamm a "Send " above its own administrative district, which included the towns of hammers wood, Hohensayn, Oettershagen and Thal. The county of Sayn- Hachenburg 1799 was fallen on the Erbweg to the princes of Nassau- Weilburg. 1806 came the two princes of Nassau in the Napoleonic Confederation of the Rhine, so that the region of 1806 belonged to the Duchy of Nassau. Because of the Congress of Vienna (1815 ) agreements, the region was ceded to the Kingdom of Prussia.
Under the Prussian administration Roth was assigned to the newly built district of Old churches of the mayor's Hamm, who belonged from 1822 to the Rhine province.
The development of the population of Roth, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The council consists of 16 in Rothenburg council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.