Will Roth is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) on the border with the district of Neuwied in northern Rhineland -Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Flammersfeld.
Willroth as a frontier town of the district of old churches to the district of Neuwied lies with 300-401 m above sea level on one of the heights of the Westerwald. The district is located in the Rhine-Westerwald Nature Park.
The name probably derives from Willroth by sound shift from a term for a border or a border town. First mentioned is the place in 1338 in a document in which the Count of Isenburg with the rule Horhausen enfeoffed. Want to get is the White Stone, at its facility meet 1595 three national jurisdictions: Isenburg as geometry -driven Lehnsnehmer, the Willroth belonged as before, the Low and Upper County Wied. In 1664, falls Horhausen, thus Willroth to Kurtrier back, the place was assigned to the Office kurtrierischen Herschbach. After the dissolution of the Electorate of Trier, the Office Herschbach comes in 1803 with the Principality of Nassau- Weilburg, in 1806 the Duchy of Nassau and 1815 to the Kingdom of Prussia, the white stone is again landmark, this time between the 1816 newly created circles old churches and Neuwied Koblenz Region. Was managed Willroth of the mayoralty Flammersfeld, which was renamed in 1927 in the Official Flammersfeld. Since 1968 Willroth is an association belonging to the local church community association Flammersfeld.
Willroth is steeped in mining history. A witness of this is visible from afar headframe of the former mine George. With the closure of the mine ended on 29 March 1965, the ore mining in the Westerwald.
The development of the population of Willroth, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Willroth consists of twelve council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
Coat of arms
Following the Rhineland-Palatinate, the coat of arms is divided into three parts. In the bent- tip a silver rose on a red field. In front is a red cross in a silver box, behind a burning black frog lamp on a silver field. The Red Cross in silver frame is the chur -trial step crest and highlights the centuries- long membership in the Chur Principality Trier.Trotz the advice of the Governor Archives Koblenz, it was nevertheless incorporated into the coat of arms design. Was justified this position by the fact that geometry skills territory bordered with Will Rother district of Wiedisches area. With the black frog lamp on a silver field, the community wants to also centuries-old iron ore mining industry, the bypassed until 1965, remember. The pit " George " was the most important mine in the entire siegerländisch - wiedischen iron ore mining. The silver rose on a red background is the attribute of the so-called "little Saint Teresa " of Lisieux, the patroness of churches and local Willroth.
- Industrial monument pit Georg
→ List of cultural monuments in Willroth
Will Roth has numerous smaller craft and service companies as well as a commercial area, in which, have settled also larger companies that use the nearby A3.
The connection to the motorway 3 Cologne -Frankfurt, with entry and exit Neuwied - Altenkichen (36 ), the federal highway 256 and state road 270, the town has a convenient location.
Near Willroth is a control center over the high-speed line Cologne-Rhine/Main.
- The sports festival of FC Willroth and the village festival are organized alternately in the two- year cycle.
- Every year is far beyond the borders Will Roth 's best- carnival meeting place for hundreds of carnival revelers.