Lower Fischbach is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality of Churches ( victory ). Niederfischbach is recognized as fundamental center according to state planning.
- 4.1 Structures
- 4.2 Museums
- 4.3 parks
- 4.4 Regular events
- 4.5 Cultural and Natural Monuments
- 5.1 transport links
- 5.2 Education
Lower Fischbach lies on the west gable of the forest between the towns of Freudenberg and Betz village; Neighboring municipalities are Harbach in the west, Lower Village to the east and churches ( victory ) in the south.
At low Fischbach include the districts Eicherhof, Fischbacherstrasse hut Hahnhof, Hüttseifen, Langenbach and Oberasdorf.
Today's church was ( 2,856 inhabitants) and Hüttseifen re-formed on June 7, 1969 the previously independent municipalities Niederfischbach ( 1,494 inhabitants), and a part of the territory of the municipality Harbach with 124 inhabitants.
The development of the population of low- Fischbach based on the present-day municipality; the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Lower Fischbach consists of 20 council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 a personalized proportional representation, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the local council:
Coat of arms
The coat of arms is divided diagonally left of silver and blue. In the upper part there is a red trefoil cross, below is a silver horn of plenty to see.
The shamrock or Mauritius Cross has the patronage of St.. Mauritius and thus on the historical importance of the site in the way the Middle Ages. The Mauritius cross is a symbol in the display of Mauritius, with coat of arms and places which are relating to it, since the Middle Ages in use. The old church of St.. Mauritius, the tower has survived to the present Protestant church, was probably in the 11th century a branch church of Haiger, later parish church. It is the oldest building in Lower Fischbach.
The colors silver and red correspond to the coat of arms of the Elector of Trier, the former rulers: in silver continuous red cross.
The upright silver cornucopia is taken from the debut Fischbacher Taler 1750. It represents the relation between the amounts of silver findings and the historical importance of mining in the community.
The heraldic color blue indicates the origin of the name Niederfischbach " Vispe " way in which the word " apa " for water, small stream in the suffix " - pe " is included. This name is a proof of the great antiquity of the place, as it must be from a time when the word " apa " and not " creek " was common.
( After W. Arnold and J. Heinze Ling the " apa " places our country are founded before 500 AD, by L. Soon, even before our era. B. Solbach )
- Martigné- Ferchaud, Ille -et -Vilaine, France
Culture and sights
The Catholic parish church of St. Maurice and Companions is the only four-towered church in the district of old churches. The neo-Romanesque basilica was built according to the plans of architect Hermann Ritz field from 1896 to 1898 and renovated in 1956-1958 for the first time. 1986 to 1990 there was a further, extensive interior renovation. Particularly noteworthy is the mosaic floor The Tree of Jesse in the center aisle of the nave. In the vernacular, it's called " Siegerländer Dom".
- Railway Museum
- Zoo eV Niederfischbach
- Citizens Park Asdorftal
- Kirmes - 3rd weekend in August
- Carnival Parade - Mardi Gras
- Fountain Festival - always the 1st Sunday in May
- Children's Festival at the Tierpark Niederfischbach
- March to the citizens Park ( Musikverein )
- Pentecostal camp of the Boy Scouts
Cultural and Natural Monuments
- List of cultural monuments in Lower Fischbach
- List of natural monuments in Lower Fischbach
Economy and infrastructure
Public transport takes place only with buses of the transport association Westfalen- Süd.
By 1983 there were in Lower Fischbach also on the rail passenger transport. With the train you could get with the Asdorftalbahn of Betzdorf about Freudenberg and Olpe along Biggesee to Finnentrop. In 1994, the freight was discontinued in 2000, the track was finally dismantled. Now runs on the route of Asdorftalradweg. A railway club has received a scrap piece of track in the low- Bahnhof Fischbach and placed there a few vehicles.
Across the street you have a connection to the A45 and after victories and in the Westerwald.
- W. E. Ketteler Elementary School in Lower Fischbach
- Josef Brenner (1899-1967), politician ( CDU), Member of Parliament
- Rudolf Müller (1924-1987), politician ( CDU), Member of Parliament
- Franz Schwarz ( born 1940 ), politician ( SPD), Member of Parliament ( Rhineland -Palatinate )