Peterslahr is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Flammersfeld.
Peter Lahr is on the Wied in Lahr glory, about five kilometers southwest of Flammersfeld on the main road leading through the Wiedtal 267 The highest elevation is the Menzenberg ( 293 m above sea level. NN ).
The town was first mentioned in 1314 " Sayner sharing agreement ". Previous names were " Laere " and " Nydernlahre ". Due to a St. Peter's relic in the church of the place, the name " Peter Lahr " naturalized one that occurs in the church books for the first time proven 1556.
Peterslahr belonged in the late Middle Ages to 1664 to rule Horhausen in the county of Isenburg. After they died the place was as a completed fief back to the Electorate of Trier. 1803 Peterslahr the Principality of Nassau- Weilburg, Duchy of Nassau 1806 and 1815 to Prussia. Under the Prussian administration Peterslahr the mayoralty Flammersfeld was assigned to the newly built district of Old churches that belonged from 1822 to the Rhine province.
The development of the population of Peterslahr, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Peterslahr consists of six council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman. In the previous election period from 2004 to 2009 the council consisted of eight council members.
Culture and sights
The village church of St. Peter is a protected monument. It was first mentioned in documents in 1326, obtained from the original church are still the Baptistery and the lower part of the tower. The nave and chancel were built in 1900 after demolition of old form again.
See also: List of cultural monuments in Peterslahr