Birch Honigsessen is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality of knowledge.
- 2.1 Origin of the name
- 2.3 Name Change
- 2.4 Population development
- 3.1 municipal
- 3.2 Coat of Arms
Birch Honigsessen lies in the transition region Northern Westerwald / Bergisch Country / Country winner - the so-called Wildenburger country, whose name derives from the Wildenstein Castle. Birch Honigsessen is close to the border with North Rhine -Westphalia.
The nucleus, four kilometers north of the city of knowledge, consists of the two practically grown together individual villages birch and honey food. In particular, the larger the district Honigsessen is a typical long-drawn street village. Overall, the community is divided into 25 districts and Places:
- Bilge Roth
- Forestry Hausgiebel Hardt
- Forest House Oberbirkholz
- Protect Kamp
- Soaps with birches
Morsbach with the districts Volperhausen, Siedenberg, knitting, floor height and Alzen, Friesenhagen, Katzwinkel ( victory ), Hövels knowledge.
Origin of the name
The precipitated name " Honigsessen " has nothing " eat honey " to do with the obvious, but probably originates from the Old German " Hone " ( Honnschaft ), the part - sessen possibly stands for office.
The first written mention dates from the year 1505. Feud began as the development of the village, it emerged more yards. In past centuries, the inhabitants found their employment mainly in mining, especially in the local mines Eisenhardt and Geyer corner. 1723 donated the baroness Anna Elisabeth Hatzfeldt to the chapel to St. Elizabeth in birches. In the years 1929/1930 the basic upgrading and construction of the temple took place.
The " Topographic- Statistical Description of the Royal Prussian Rhine province " of 1830 describes the communities of birch and fractures as follows:
- " The community of birch trees with 343 inhabitants comprises the hamlets, farms and houses: Brühl, Eisenhardt, Mühlethal together with mill Uhrigs, Protect Kamp, Uhrigshardt, bilge Roth, Diedrichshof, Upper and Lower Birkenbühl, Kölzen, Hohenholz, soaps, low and upper brook, chicken, honey food and Wolfswinkel ".
- "The community fractures with 241 inhabitants comprises the hamlets courtyards, houses and mills: fractures, Dietershagen, upper and lower - Birkholz, Euelbach, Mühlenschlade, upper and lower - Neuroth, Ortel, Steckelbach, seesaws, Wiedersbach and Will Proved ."
The development of the population, the values from 1939 to 1987 based on population censuses:
Data source: Statistical Office of Rhineland -Palatinate
The local council in Birch Vale meal consists of 20 council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 of personalized proportional representation, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the local council:
Coat of arms
The coat of arms of the village of Birch Vale is a Spanish food, forked plate. In the heraldic right field are two green crossed ears of corn sheaves on a silver background, visible in the left field an open slab tongs. In the bottom, the shield -splitting field a silver tent-roof church is seen on a green background. The ears point to agriculture, slab tongs reminiscent of the rolling mill in knowledge that several generations of the place was work since 1912, the tented roof church points to the local Catholic church.
Sights and culture
In Birch Honigsessen are some Asked conservation cultural monuments.
- The Catholic parish church of St. Elisabeth, also known as " tent church ", a square quarry stone 1929/30, designed by the Cologne Diocese architect Dominic Böhm built with the involvement of the longitudinal wall of the former chapel of the apse of 1723 and 1884.
- The former rectory, a verschiefertes residential building from 1899; partly half-timbered ( main street).
- An inn, circa 1800 or first half of the 19th century built; Framework ( main street).
- Two half-timbered houses from the 19th century ( Eisenhardt road and valley road ).
- Two other half-timbered houses around 1800 or older ( Euelbach and Unterbirkholz ).
- Conservation zone " Pingenzug Eisenhardt in the district birch ".
- Ahl Esch Festival is held annually since 2011 2- day music festival under the 400 year old oak village in the town center