Kircheib is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Old churches.
The municipality still include besides the eponymous place the districts Bleckhausen, Corner Brook, Green Forest, Neuenhof, Reisbitzen, Röttgen and Tente.
- 4.1 Attractions
- 4.2 associations
Kircheib is a linear village on the main road between 8 Hennef ( victory ) and old churches. Situated on the edge of the Leuscheid, a wooded area in northern Rhineland -Palatinate. A large part of the 600 acres of the place makes the so-called "Old Church Asbacher plateau " from which the migratory birds serves as a resting place in spring and autumn.
Far from the village, to the house four winds that already to the local community Buchholz (Westerwald ) is in the district of Neuwied, the limit of (land ) runs circles old churches, Neuwied and Rhein-Sieg.
Probably the first documentary mention as Eipe (also Eype ) dates from 1268. From the same period are a small Romanesque basilica and the remains of a so-called moth ( Broichhausen ), a medieval Fliehburg receive. Below Kircheibs at Four Winds bordered the old county of Sayn- old churches to the Duchy of Berg and the Electorate of Cologne. The limit point Vierwinden was marked by the " Dreiherrenstein ", which was newly rebuilt a few years ago. In earlier times here clashed three militia, the bergische, the Cologne and the saynische; of which still bear witness to the old militia, the approach used to be enough as far as the fortified church. The saynische Landwehr pulled on the Eyper heath in the amount of Bleckhausen about Neuenhof to the Mehrbachtal. Extensive remains of late medieval fortifications in the area of so-called Kircheiber Heide ( nature reserve) on the border with North Rhine -Westphalia ( in Lindscheider grove on the present county boundary ) complete the historic features of the place on a watershed victory and Wied.
In 1796 it came to the village to the battle of Kircheib between French under General Kleber and Austrians under General Kray. The bayonet fighting raged on the " Köppchen " east of Kircheib where now rises the street in short run up to the great forest of Leuscheider ridge.
Kircheib belonged to the beginning of the 19th century to the County of Sayn- old churches, from 1803 /06 to the Duchy of Nassau, and from 1815 to the Kingdom of Prussia. According to the administrative structure of the then newly founded the villages of today's local church belonged to the mayor's office in the county Weyerbusch old churches and the Region of Koblenz. Kircheib with the villages Eckenbach, Grünewald, Bleckhausen and Reisbitzen and Neuenhof with the villages of Castle, Röttgen and Tente were two separate communities. 1931 Kircheib got its own post office of Class II in the district of the post office Asbach.
In 1618 Neuenhof was probably Count Friedrich III. born of Wied, who founded in 1653 the city of Neuwied.
The development of the population, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Kircheib consists of twelve council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms was approved on February 9, 2010.
Blazon: " From silver divided over red and split up by a blue wave pole in front a eintürmiges, betagleuchtetes, black church Westwerk, behind a red bar, down a growing, blaugezungter and reinforced leopardierter golden lion. "
The pile shaft is symbolic of the Eipbach. The front box with a black silhouette represents the steeple of Kircheib dar. The red bar represents the coat of arms of the noble lords of Ütgenbach. In the red sign foot a golden lion saynischer is to see with blue tongue blue claws and double tail. The color of the steeple silhouette corresponds to the Kurkölner Cross. The coat of arms was developed in cooperation by local historian Horst White, Buchholz and Dr. Jost Hausmann ( Landeshauptarchiv Koblenz ).
Culture and sights
- The Protestant parish church in Kircheib is a Romanesque three-nave basilica with a cross vault covered by a chancel. The origins of the church with the distinctive fortified tower located in the 12th century. During the Reformation, the church was Protestant. In 1589, she appears as a branch of Mehren. It was in 1879 removed from there and the Protestant community Asbach ( district of Neuwied ) assumes it is located today.
In the church there is an old Romanesque baptismal font dating from the early 13th century.
- In Kircheib a memorial to the former Dreiherrenstein Meisenbach.
- Whit Club Kircheib
- Backes club
Economy and infrastructure
In the tradition of the historic market town on the main road 8 the main occupation of the inhabitants is also today still affected by trade and crafts. With a population of only about 500 Kircheibern nevertheless more than 30 small and large farms have settled.