Niederdreisbach is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Daaden. Niederdreisbach is a nationally recognized tourist.
The municipality is located in Daadetal at the mouth of three Bach in the Daadenbach between protection, in the western village and beer ( Daaden ) in the southeast; to the south is Weitefeld.
Its origins lie in the migrations of the Celts, who were looking for iron ore deposits in today Dreisbachtal. From the Celtic name of the river dreisafa the name comes from, when it was converted into Dreisbach. Up to the fixed settlement of the valley, it was not until the 12th and 13th century, when the Dreisbachtal entsumpft, was cleared and brought under cultivation, and the first farms were created. Core settlement of Niederdreißbach as it was not written until the 18th century, was erected in the late medieval farmstead in block corridor. A document from 1252 in which a Herbord of Dreisbach was mentioned, confirmed this settlement beginning that has ("In the Bruchwiesenstraße " and "In the Bitze " between the corridors ) obtained in the old geographical names " Weijre Horstatt ".
Niederdreisbach belonged until 1806 to the County of Sayn- old churches and parish Daaden. The county of Sayn- old churches came in 1791 on the Erbweg to Prussia and was awarded 1803 Reichsdeputationshauptschluss the Principality of Nassau- Usingen. 1806 came the two princes of Nassau in the Napoleonic Confederation of the Rhine, so that the region of 1806 belonged to the Duchy of Nassau. Because of the Congress of Vienna (1815 ) agreements the territory of the former saynischen counties of the Kingdom of Prussia was ceded.
Under the Prussian administration Niederdreisbach the mayoralty Daaden was assigned to the newly built district of Old churches that belonged from 1822 to the Rhine province.
The development of the population of Niederdreisbach, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Niederdreisbach consists of twelve council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman. In the previous election period from 2004 to 2009 the council consisted of 16 members of the Council.
Culture and sights
Worth seeing is the half-timbered buildings are in the center. See also: List of cultural monuments in Niederdreisbach
In the competition, our village is beautiful the community was awarded several medals.
Economy and infrastructure
The cottage industry coined 200 years the place until 1965, the " Three Lower Hütte " was shut down. Today, located on the site of the " Three Lower Hütte " a concrete plant.