Owl Mountain is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Flammersfeld.
The place is in the countryside Lahrer glory above the Wied immediately south of Peterslahr.
At Owl Mountain is one part of the hamlet of Old cabin.
Owl Mountain belonged to the early 19th century to the Electorate of Trier and was part of the parish Peterslahr. The right-bank part of the Electorate of Trier were allocated in 1803 on the basis of the Imperial Diet Losing the Principality of Nassau -Weilburg and included after the founding of the Confederation of the Rhine from 1806 to the Duchy of Nassau. Because of the Congress of Vienna (1815 ) agreements, the region was ceded to the Kingdom of Prussia.
Under the Prussian administration owls mountain was assigned to the newly built district of Old churches of the mayoralty Flammersfeld that belonged from 1822 to the Rhine province.
The development of the population of owls mountain, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in owls mountain consists of six council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
Economy and infrastructure
The traditionally agricultural community has now only a full-time farm.