Fluterschen is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Old churches.
The local church is on 250 to 300 m height about 2.5 km south of the old churches; Neighboring towns are Almersbach in the north, Oberwambach the southeast and Beautiful Mountain in the west. Fluterschen is surrounded on three sides by State Forest Old churches.
To Fluterschen part of living space forestry house Fluterschen.
In saynischen release lists the location is first mentioned in 1568 as Flodersann documented.
Following the division of the state in the 17th century the county of Sayn Fluterschen belonged to the county of Sayn- old churches. Within the county belonged to the parish Fluterschen Almersbach, which represented a secular administrative unit, and the lower courts exercised. 1787 were counted in Fluterschen 28 households. Sayn- old churches and also Fluterschen came under Prussian rule inheritance in 1791 and 1803 was awarded in Reichsdeputationshauptschluss the Principality of Nassau- Usingen, which rose in 1806 in the Duchy of Nassau. As a result of measures taken on the Congress of Vienna (1815 ) Decisions and due to a contract concluded between Nassau and Prussia were ceded the two formerly saynischen counties to the Kingdom of Prussia.
Under the Prussian administration was Fluterschen the mayoralty old churches in the district of the same name in 1816 in the newly formed Region of Koblenz, which was part of 1822 on the Rhine Province.
As a result of the propagated by the Nazis centralism of the Nazi state were in the 1930s, plans to merge the communities Almersbach and Fluterschen, but which did not materialize due to the beginning of the war.
In early 2011, the discovery of an abuse case Fluterschen nationwide in the headlines. The offender was sentenced on 22 March 2011 by the Landgericht Koblenz to imprisonment of 14 years and six months with subsequent preventive detention. The judgment is final since September 30, 2011, after the Federal Court had the revision of the defendants rejected as unfounded.
In 1582 17 smokes ( = houses, households, herd ), in 1787 already 28 households were counted in Fluterschen.
The development of the population of Fluterschen since the Prussian time; the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Fluterschen consists of twelve council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 a proportional representation, and the honorary mayor as chairman. The twelve seats in the municipal council are divided into two groups of voters.
Culture and sights
- The " MGV Concordia Fluterschen " can look back on over 125 years of tradition.
- The " women's choir Concordia Fluterschen " there since 1982.
- The football club SSV Almersbach - Fluterschen plays in the county league C (Football Association of the Rhineland - Westerwald district victory ).
- The amateur football club FC Fluterschen 79 only plays tournaments and some friendly matches in the year.
- The Westerwald Club Fluterschen, branch association, founded in 1932, the migrant culture cultivates through half-day and full-day walks, each once a month.
- Association for local and traditional care Fluterschen. Purpose of the association is the home and landscape maintenance including environmental protection and the maintenance of old customs.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Karl Ramseger Mill (1900-1961), writer