Emmerzhausen is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Daaden.
- 4.1 Natural Monuments
- 4.2 Cultural Monuments
- 6.1 associated with Emmerzhausen people
Emmerzhausen is located about four kilometers southeast of Daaden 280 and five kilometers southwest of Burbach in the North Rhine-Westphalian district of Siegen -Wittgenstein on the regional road. The border is about a kilometer away. The altitude of Emmerzhausen is 480 m above sea level, the town is located approximately two kilometers north of the bridge head, the second highest peak of the Westerwald.
The first mention of Emmerzhausen found in 1344 under the name " Engilbrachtshusen " in the " man book" of the Knights of Bickenbach instead. In 1561 the existence of a pre-existing in the village chapel was held. 1610 Steinches mill was mentioned, which is now within the boundaries Daaden and was at this time spell mill for the surrounding villages. 1741 were counted in Emmertzhaussen 26 smokes (houses), the residents of the community were mostly Reformed confession. 1776 153 inhabitants, 1788 168 inhabitants were counted in place. 1809, 35 children attended the school in Emmerzhausen thing.
The village belonged until 1806 to the County of Sayn- old churches and parish Daaden. The county of Sayn- old churches came in 1791 on the Erbweg to Prussia and was awarded 1803 Reichsdeputationshauptschluss the Principality of Nassau- Usingen. In 1806 came the two princes of Nassau in the Napoleonic Confederation of the Rhine, so that the region of 1806 belonged to the Duchy of Nassau. Because of the Congress of Vienna (1815 ) agreements the territory of the former saynischen counties of the Kingdom of Prussia was ceded.
Under the Prussian administration Emmerzhausen the mayoralty Daaden was assigned to the newly built district of Old churches that belonged from 1822 to the Rhine province.
In 1890 a wooden observation tower was erected on the web head, who served as land surveying point and for the transmission of light signals of the imperial artillery. In 1894 a tax was introduced cats. The first cat was free, the second was taxed with a cord and the third cat with three marks. 1905 was the place to the telephone network, in 1923 connected to the electricity grid. 1943 bought the Hitler Youth, the facilities at the jetty head and straightened the "kingdom of training camp Prinz Eugen " one. There, now houses the Military Training Area Daaden the Bundeswehr. End of March 1945 took U.S. troops the location.
Because the winter sports facilities could not be used on the web head after the Second World War, the ski club Emmerzhausen built from 1956 a new ski jumping hill which was inaugurated in January 1958. At the opening it was the largest ski jump of Rhineland- Palatinate. With the expansion of the B 54 road risk, however, the jump operation, and had to be closed for competitions. For this reason, the ski jump was closed in the late 1960s. Trials of a new building mid-1970s failed.
Between 1847 and 1948 the mine was in operation Adolf castle on the slopes of the web head. In her brown coal was mined. The second largest pit was New Landeskrone, in operation 1850-1894. A pit copper, lead and nickel ores were mined on a machine shaft. Another pit was Green Forest, the first supposition was made on May 2, 1870.
The development of the population of Emmerzhausen, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Emmerzhausen consists of twelve council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms description reads: "shield divided by a silver oblique left - wave list, the front of a red and blue reinforced gezungter herschauender golden lion to the left, behind three assembled in silver black basalt columns ".
Culture and sights
- Is the " Steinches mill " (first documented mention in 1610 ) at the fork Emmerzhausen / Derschen. This is a water mill, which is privately owned today.
- In the neighboring Friedewald is a Renaissance castle ( 1580/82 ), which is since 1954 the seat of the Evangelical Social Academy.
- The " junk stones " (613 m above sea level, on a ridge northeast of Emmerzhausen located ) are columns and a block field from field gap basalt, which is broken here in the Tertiary through the basement. The " junk stones " are Geotop as part of the National Geopark Westerwald- Lahn- Taunus.
→ List of cultural monuments in Emmerzhausen
- Local kindergarten
- Protestant Chapel
- Municipal House ( Free Church )
- Ski hut " on the forehead "
Associated with Emmerzhausen people
- Siegfried Koch ( ski pioneer of Neuwied ) built together with teacher Peter Hoffmann ( Emmerzhausen ) in the year 1913 on the web head the " Siegfried hut ". In 1932 there was the song Oh you beautiful Westerwald sealed. Teachers Hoffmann later took over the office of the hut warden on the Siegfried hut.
- Peter Hoffmann, born on 9 July 1863 in the Palatinate, came as a young teacher in 1886 after Emmerzhausen and married the daughter of Pauline Haubergsvorstehers and farmer Ferdinand Hummel. Here he worked as a schoolmaster until 1926. He led many fruits in a Westerwald and taught in finishing and cutting fruit and berry trees. In addition to his farming he operated beekeeping. His friend Alexander Graf von Hachenburg (then residing in Friedewald Castle (Westerwald ) ) sent him in winter 1909/10 to a " snowshoeing Tutorial " to " Wittgenstein Castle ". So was Peter Hoffmann, the first ski instructor and coach in the Westerwald. In 1910 he was co-founder of the Winter Sports Club Daaden and for many years its chairman. 1913 co-builder of the Siegfried hut on the jetty head and warden until his death in 1935.
- Karl Dückerstieg was a miner, quarry workers, municipal councilor and firefighters Fire Chief. He also wrote poetry and played music. He died on 3 August 1979 in Emmerzhausen.