Upper Lahr is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Flammersfeld. Upper Lahr is a nationally recognized tourist.
Upper is located in Lahr Lahr Wiedtal in glory and in the Rhein-Westerwald Nature Park. To top Lahr also includes the living spaces on Lahrbach, Lammerichskaul and valley views.
Oberlahr belonged to the Electorate of Cologne and the right bank residues were dissolved in 1803 due to the Reichsdeputationshauptschluss circuit and awarded the Principality of Nassau- Usingen. In 1806, the area belonged to the Duchy of Nassau, and came in 1815, following the decisions of the Congress of Vienna and an additional agreement with the Kingdom of Prussia. Under the Prussian administration Oberlahr the mayoralty Flammersfeld was assigned to the newly built district of Old churches that belonged from 1822 to the Rhine province.
In the upper Lahrer fire disaster on Sunday of Advent, December 12, 1790, almost the whole place burned down. To rebuild 200 of the 3,000 existing oak trees were needed from the upper Lahrer forests. The " spent " were assigned to the oaks for repair or new construction, depending on the size of their homes and the damage suffered.
The development of the inhabitants of Upper Lahr, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Upper Lahr consists of twelve council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman location.
Culture and sights
In the center of the restored church square is the St. Anthony's Church, the historic village Backes and the Municipal House.
See also: List of cultural monuments in Upper Lahr
Economy and infrastructure
Despite its small size top Lahr has relatively many business establishments.