Kescheid is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Flammersfeld.
Kescheid is about three kilometers northwest of Flammersfeld.
To the local community Kescheid still includes the districts Hardt and Püscheid.
Kescheid belonged since at least 1490 to the parish Flammersfeld in the county of Sayn. After the division of the county in the 17th century came Kescheid zu Sayn- Hachenburg. In 1799 this county passed to the princes of Nassau- Weilburg and belonged from 1806 to 1815 to the Duchy of Nassau. Due to the decisions of the Congress of Vienna and a contract between Nassau and Prussia, the former parish Flammersfeld came in 1815 with the Kingdom of Prussia. Kescheid the administration of the mayor's then newly formed Flammersfeld was assigned in a circle old churches.
The development of the population, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Kescheid consists of six council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
Kescheid is a term coined by agriculture place where three agricultural full-time farms and five agricultural subsidiary holdings to about 300 acres floor space to work (as of 2010 ).
- Note the listed building and the courtyard of the half-timbered house in the street Hardter 2 and 4 as well as two half-timbered houses in Püscheid ( Nos. 4 and 6).
→ List of cultural monuments in Kescheid