Wallmenroth is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Betz village located in the valley of victory, on the main road 62 3 km west of the city Betz village.
In a document of 913, in which the boundary of the ancient parish parish Haiger was noted Wallmenroth first appeared under the name Nodenbrath. The town received its present name around 1200, probably by Aleidis of Freusburg. This came from the castle Molsberg at Wallmerod in the Westerwald, and gave the members of the Freusburg settlement the name Wallmenroth and the mountain the name Molzberg. However, the name Nodenbrath ( Nodenberg ) remained common until the 17th century.
The district Wallmenroth founded on five Ursiedlungen. In addition to the courts Nodenberg - Wallmenroth, Muhlau and Dasberg belonged to the boundaries of the 1249 first mentioned stately courtyard High Betz village and Bannhof ( Bähnerhof, later Station ).
After the Congress of Vienna in 1815, the county of Sayn- old churches fell to Prussia, and the resulting circle old churches. The community Wallmenroth belonged then to the mayor's churches. 1886 Wallmenroth allocated to the mayoralty Betz village and in 1907 the railway colony, live about half of the population in the Wallmenroths, incorporated by Betz village. Even today, the city pays Betzdorf this annual compensation.
The development of the population of Wallmenroth based on the present-day municipality; the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Wallmenroth consists of 16 council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 of personalized proportional representation, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the local council:
Coat of arms
The coat of arms description reads: "Under a silver top and bottom black bordierten main shield, topped with three black Eberköpfen, bar- wise, in gold, a green stylized oak tree with five roots."
Explanation: The three Eberköpfe are from the coat of arms of dominion Freusburg. After 913 Wallmenroth belonged to the parish church - Freusburg. The oak to Nodenbrath shows the significant border and Hofeiche with its five roots, representative of the first five settlements and the emergence and development of the community. The golden background includes the fields of corn as the basis of life.
Since 2007, a partnership with the community französchschen Fleury- sur -Loire in the Burgundy region. This partnership has its roots in the existing partnership between the cities since 1965 Betz village and Decize.
→ List of cultural monuments in Wallmenroth