Niedersteinebach is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Flammersfeld.
Niedersteinebach was mentioned in the year 1250 for the first time.
Niedersteinebach belonged to the early 19th century to the Electorate of Trier and was part of the parish Horhausen. The right-bank part of the Electorate of Trier were allocated in 1803 on the basis of the Imperial Diet Losing the Principality of Nassau -Weilburg and included after the founding of the Confederation of the Rhine from 1806 to the Duchy of Nassau. Because of the Congress of Vienna (1815 ) agreements the territory of the former saynischen counties of the Kingdom of Prussia was ceded.
Under the Prussian administration Niedersteinebach was assigned to the newly built district of Old churches of the mayoralty Flammersfeld that belonged from 1822 to the Rhine province.
The development of the population of Niedersteinebach, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
On the northern edge of the town is the pit Louise, an iron ore mine, which was first mentioned in 1771. The operation was discontinued in 1930; Today there is a seminar center.
The local council in Niedersteinebach consists of six council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.