Goats grove is a municipality in the western part of the old churches (Westerwald ) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Flammersfeld.
Goats grove with its 0.71 km ² is the smallest by area communities in Germany. It lies on a plateau and offers to the south and east a beautiful view in the Westerwald. In the northwest, followed by a wooded area.
At the local church goats grove also includes the hamlet of Ziegenhahn. Originally Ziegenhahn belonged to the municipality Orfgen.
1556 goats grove was first mentioned in writing and called a year later the place Ziegenhahn first time.
Goats grove belonged until 1806 to the County of Sayn- old churches and parish Mehren. The county of Sayn- old churches came in 1791 on the Erbweg to Prussia and was awarded 1803 Reichsdeputationshauptschluss the Principality of Nassau- Usingen. In 1806 came the two princes of Nassau in the Napoleonic Confederation of the Rhine, so that the region of 1806 belonged to the Duchy of Nassau. Because of the Congress of Vienna (1815 ) agreements the territory of the former saynischen counties of the Kingdom of Prussia was ceded.
Under the Prussian administration Ziegenhain the mayoralty Weyerbusch was assigned to the newly built district of Old churches that belonged from 1822 to the Rhine province.
The development of the population of goats grove based on the present-day municipality; the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
Ecclesiastical goats grove belongs to the parish Mehren with his evangelical church. The majority of Ziegenhainer are Protestant.
The local council in goats grove consists of six council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman location.
Culture and sights
In the local situation there are a few hundred years of mighty oaks.
Highlights of the year are the May Festival from April 30 to May 1 with the maypole and on 11 November, the traditional St. Martin's procession for the children of the village.
Center of social life is the community center in the town center.