Walter 's is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Flammersfeld.
Walter 's is located about 3 km south of Weyer bush and 5km west of Old churches near the country road 267 The place is surrounded by agricultural land, although there is no corresponding operating more locally.
Walter 's belonged to the parish in the county of Sayn Flammersfeld and was first mentioned in the records of the parish court in 1569. After the division of the county of Sayn Walterschen belonged until 1799 to the County of Sayn- Hachenburg. Until 1806 it was under the reign of Nassau -Weilburg and until 1815 was he belonged to the Duchy of Nassau. 1815, the region was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia, administratively belonged to Walter 's mayoralty Flammersfeld in 1816 the newly formed district of old churches. Since 1946, it is part of the then newly formed state of Rhineland -Palatinate.
The development of the population of Walter 's, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Walter 's consists of six council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.