Daaden is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. In Daaden is the administrative seat of the collective municipality Daaden, who also belongs. Daaden is a nationally recognized tourist and classified as a basic center in accordance with state planning.
- 5.1 traffic
- 5.2 Public bodies
Daaden situated in the northern Rhineland -Palatinate on the border between the Westerwald and the winner country and is bordered to the north-east directly to North Rhine-Westphalia.
By places Daaden and beer village the Daade flows. The creek rises at the bridge head and flows Alsdorf in Heller. In the middle of Daaden opens peace Waldersbach in the Daade.
Northeast of Daaden stems from the Sottersbach, which lies close to the town, only separated by the mill mountain. Other mountains to Daaden are the cock head and at the castle. Daaden situated at an altitude of 427 m above sea level.
Near the Truppenübungsplatz Daaden was ( bearing bar head) of the Bundeswehr. The area of the training area is part of the nature reserve, as there is a fen with approaches to raised bog ( " Derscher Geschwämm " ) is rare plants.
In 1219 Daaden was first mentioned in documents under " Gerardus de sacerdos Dadene ". A priest named Gerhard from Daaden had mitbesiegelt in a monastery near Seck together with a priest from Burbach a certificate. Since the early Middle Ages was Daaden seat of the parish and the administration in the former office of the county Friedewald Sayn.
In 1712 the pit feet mountain was first mentioned. Until its closure in 1965, as one of the last two mines in Siegerländer Erzrevier, the mines dominated the economic picture Daadens and especially beer village. With more than 1,000 m depth and several million tons of iron ore funded the pit was also one of the larger in the region. Other mines were glass head, Carniola, morning hours, Reuschenberg or freedom crown, but all had little economic importance except glass head. In 1800 was in Daaden an iron- and copper smelter in operation, but was already decommissioned in the 1870s.
The industrial boom and with it the prosperity in Daadetal came after the railway construction of the track Betz village Daaden in 1884 / 1885.
1815, the mayor Daaden was newly formed under Prussian administration, similar to the present-day municipality Daaden. Administrative headquarters was Daaden. Today's local church was established on June 7, 1969 by recharge from the formerly independent communities Beer village ( 1,616 inhabitants) and Daaden ( 3,150 inhabitants).
The development of the population of Daaden based on the present-day municipality; the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Daaden consists of 20 council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 a personalized proportional representation, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the local council:
Daaden maintains since 1987 a partnership with Fontenay- le -Fleury in the French department of Yvelines.
Culture and sights
The Protestant parish church is considered by Hermann -Josef Roth as "one of the most beautiful baroque churches of the Westerwald ". The square west tower still reminds of the previous Romanesque building of 1136, which had to make way for the new building from 1722 to 1724. As a special feature, an angel is mounted on the spire as a weather vane.
Located in the capital as in the hamlet of Beer village you can see some old half-timbered houses from the 18th and 19th centuries. The Stone House Old Post Office was originally the site of the Count's top civil servant of contactor, built in 1671 as a castle-like mansion by northwest Simolt. 80 years the building housed the post office, 1979/1980 it was restored and provided with an attachment, in which the community center is located. In the Old Post Office is the Museum of the Daadener country.
See also: List of cultural monuments in Daaden
Economy and infrastructure
Daaden endpoint is the outgoing of Betzdorf Daadetalbahn, which is operated by the Westerwaldbahn the circle old churches. Furthermore, some of the rides BRS- line R23 Neunkirchen- Herdorf ( - Daaden ) lead into the community, to ensure good connections via Neunkirchen to Siegen ( R22 ) and Burbach ( R44 ).
Daaden is located on the country's roads 280 and 285 Their expansion in place meant that the two are in town for unifying Daade streams of Emmerzhäuser creek and the peace woods creek now partially underground and in some places are no longer visible.
As the seat of the municipality Daaden home to their management.
Daaden has two primary schools ( primary school Daadetalschule and beer village) as well as a secondary school plus ( Hermann Gmeiner School ).
The municipality maintains Daaden Daaden in an indoor pool. There is also a swimming pool in sponsorship of the local church. In addition, one finds in Daaden a skate park, a tennis court, a shooting range, a synthetic grass court, a mini golf course, a beach volleyball court, a soccer field and two gyms (in one there is a climbing wall).
- Hans -Artur Bauckhage (* 1943), politician (FDP ), former Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Economy, Transport, Agriculture and Viticulture of Rhineland -Palatinate, former Member of Parliament
- Erich Heckel (b. 1935), teachers and politicians
- Knautz Arthur (1911-1943), member of the German Handball Olympic team that won the gold medal in Berlin in 1936
- Thomas Kraft (* 1988 in churches ) grew up, football players, in Daaden
- Hans -Dieter Moritz ( born 1940 ), former Member of Parliament in North Rhine -Westphalia
- Gerhard Roth ( born 1933 ), former Member of Parliament
- Horst Scheel (* 1950), German actor
- Walter Scheel ( born 1919 ), former Federal President, politician ( FDP), spent years of his childhood in Daaden
- Karl Schneider Pungs (* 1914 in Daaden, † 2001), German Rear Admiral
- Margit (* 1966 ), marksman, participant of the Olympic Games in 1988 (Seoul) and 1992 (Barcelona)