Frederick W. Green (congressman)
Frederick William Green ( born February 18, 1816 in Frederick, Maryland, † June 18, 1879 in Cleveland, Ohio ) was an American politician. Between 1851 and 1855 he represented the state of Ohio in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Frederick Green enjoyed a university education. In 1833 he settled in Tiffin (Ohio ). After studying law and qualifying as a lawyer, he started to work there in his new profession. For six years he was auditor of the management of Seneca County. Politically, he joined the Democratic Party.
In the congressional elections of 1850 Green was in the sixth electoral district of Ohio in the U.S. House of Representatives in Washington DC chosen, where he became the successor of John Bell on March 4, 1851. After a re-election he was able to complete in Congress until March 3, 1855 two legislative sessions. These were shaped by the events leading up to the Civil War. Since 1853 Green represented as the successor of Edson B. Olds ninth district of his state. In 1854 he gave up another candidacy.
After his time in the U.S. House of Representatives Frederick Green moved to Cleveland. Between 1855 and 1866 he was employed in the administration of Federal District Court for the Northern part of the State of Ohio. In 1876 he was commissioner of the state government of Ohio for the Centennial Exposition in Philadelphia. From 1866 to 1874 he published the Plain Dealer newspaper. In the years 1878 and 1879 he was inspector of the State Oil Ohio. Frederick Green died on June 18, 1879 in Cleveland, where he was also buried.