Zettemin is a municipality in the district of Mecklenburg Lake District. It is located northwest of Neubrandenburg and belonged to 31 January 2004, the Office Stavenhagen country and since the merger with Stavenhagen the Office of Stavenhagen, which has its administrative headquarters in Stavenhagen.
Geography and transport
Zettemin situated about twelve kilometers south-west of Stavenhagen and about ten kilometers southeast of Malchin. Federal highway 194 runs east of the community and can be reached via Jürgenstorf. Thanks to the east of the township the Ostpeene flows.
The municipality consists of the districts:
The Saeben Dörper, including Zettemin, Carlsruhe and Rützenfelde included, were a district of ten kilometers in length and up to five kilometers wide at the Ostpeene that were part of the district Demmin and thus to the Prussian province of Pomerania. They were completely surrounded by the Mecklenburg area.
On April 1, 1937, the enclave was annexed by the Greater Hamburg Act of 26 January 1937 in the circle Malchin (Mecklenburg).
Associated village was Zettemin in 1261 first mentioned as the monastery Dargun. From this period dates the village church. A water mill was some distance from the village of Peene river, this was referred to in old maps as a new mill. Zettemin is an elongated road Angersdorf. In 1850 the city had 310 inhabitants.
The manor house at Zettemin was built about 1750 by Axel Albrecht Freiherr von Malt tooth brick and forms with attached side wings a semi-circular system. It is from the Baroque style, the main house " corps de logis " is zweigeschossigund has 7 axes, the side wings were originally single storey, the left but was changed later. The central projection of plaster construction is dreiecksübergiebelt.
The manor belonged from 1852 to the family of Heyden and from the early 20th century to 1945, the Count of Schwerin, who had married a von Heyden.
The village church in Zettemin is a stone church from the 13th century, which was expanded in the period of the late Gothic to the west tower and the northern crypt cultivation. The equipment comes primarily from the mid-19th century, the restored baroque organ from 1779 contains an organ in the workshop of Matthias Friese.
Rützenfelde was first mentioned in 1269 and originally belonged to Good Zettemin. Today Rützenfelde is only a leisure area with a cottage settlement.
Carlsruhe was founded in 1799 by long lease contract.
→ See also List of monuments in Zettemin
- Manor house ( castle ) of Zettemin from the 18th century with Lenne - Park
- Gothic village church as a stone church from the 13th century in Zettemin
- Rützenfelder lake
- Nature reserve Ostpeene with a size of 138 hectares.