Priborn is a municipality in the southern part of the Mecklenburg Lake District Mecklenburg -Vorpommern. It is administered by the Office Robel -Müritz based in Robel / Müritz.
It lies at the Müritzarm and Lake Müritz, on the southern end of the running of the Müritz south chain of lakes. Here ends the Elde in the chain of lakes in the middle of a conservation area about five kilometers southwest of Rechlin and about ten kilometers south of the former county town Robel / Müritz. The eastern boundary of the municipality is the Müritzarm, the western Melzer the lake. South of the town is an extensive, about 485 hectares of forest area, the Priborner Heath. At its western end is 82.4 meters above sea level. NN with the Wulf Mountain, the highest point of the municipality. Neighboring municipalities are Vipperow, Buchholz and Melz.
Priborn is a Slavic foundation ( stem of Obodrites ). The name derives from " Pryborn " = " campaigner " from. The village was mentioned in the May 26, 1239, first documented occasion of the lease of the water mill. Prince Nikolaus von Werle signed a long-term lease with the monastery Amelungsborn. His sons certain 1285 Priborn to the place of country things ( jurisdiction) in the land of Robel.
On March 17, 1291 mill again came into the possession of the princes in return for a share of the fishing justice in the Müritz. 1302 the mill was owned by the counts Burchart and Ullrich of Lindow. Since the end of the 17th century water mill was no longer mentioned. In the Middle Ages, there were several changes of ownership of the village.
1732 was a family of Ferber owners in Priborn, Melz and Karbow. Ernst von Ferber, built 1870-1880, the two-story farmhouse. The neo-Gothic village church was built at this time. 1883, mentions four free farms. 1943 first electric connections were installed in the village. On May 2, 1945, the village was peacefully occupied by Soviet troops. The last owner of the estate was to land reform in 1945, Horst von Ferber. 1945 lived in Priborn 214 inhabitants, of whom more than half of resettlers and refugees.
In the GDR Priborn developed into a " model village ", where the LPG with the Chairman Fritz Dallmann shaped the life in the village.
→ See also List of monuments in Priborn
- Manor House from 1880; it served from 1945 to 2003 as a school.
- Neo-Gothic village church Priborn brick of 1860
- Outdoor pool at Müritzarm
Former manor house