Black is a municipality in the extreme south of the district of Mecklenburg Lake District Mecklenburg -Vorpommern. It is administered by the Office Robel -Müritz based in the city Robel / Müritz.
The Black community is located on Black Lake, south of Lake Müritz in Mecklenburg Lake District. The Black Lake and connected to it Zethner lake are the westernmost of a chain of lakes that extend over Fürstenberg / Havel until after Lychen in Uckermark and form a portion of Müritz- Havel waterway. The area around Black has a distinctive, undulating relief, which originates from the advance of the ice the Vistula ice age and the Old Muhlenberg maximum of 99.1 m above sea level. NN achieved. The city Mirow, in the earlier east adjacent district of Mecklenburg -Strelitz is about nine kilometers, the Brandenburg town of Rheinberg about 20 kilometers away. The headquarters Robel / Müritz is already in 25 kilometer distance, this was among other things the reason for a long-standing dispute over the district affiliation.
To include the Black districts Buschhof and Langenschlage. In the south of the township lies the nature reserve Wumm and Twernsee.
The community is conveniently located between Lakeland and the Mecklenburgischer Rheinberger Lakes region and thus benefits from tourism.
Like the neighboring community Lärz emerged in 1237 of the original Slavic populated place in a deed of Prince Nicholas I of Werle on where the affiliation is documented to the monastery Dobbertin. The name is borrowed from the old Slavic svrice for cricket. 1257 the deserted village Cetim is mentioned. 1282 awards Margrave Albert III the monastery Dobbertin the church patronage of the Church
The rule of the monastery on the so -called " Hintersand provost " lasts until the year 1918, although since 1701 Black belonged to the Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg -Schwerin. The first village school is attested in 1797, and in addition there was a glass factory, a mill, a forge and a forester and a fishery. 1918 Black 345 inhabitants, a post office, 29 leaseholder, 9 Erbbündnereien, 1 Pfarrhüfler, 12 cottagers, 10 Lehmhäusler, Erbwindmühle, blacksmiths, Erbkrug, rectory, a school and an industrial school. 1934, the fire department Black is founded.
1816 Buschhof was first mentioned as well as a distillery and a school in the village.
In Black and some small craft enterprises as well as a gravel mining operation are represented today in addition to agriculture.
→ See also List of monuments in Black (Mecklenburg)
- Baroque village church with tower in black from 1767
- Vicarage with the rectory in Black
- Yard Gräven, a Mitteldeutsches Ernhaus ( Wohnstallhaus house ) from the end of the 18th century
- Yard Pape, a two-storey Büdnerhaus from end of the 18th century
- Manor with Manor House in Buschhof
Black is a little off the national road links. From the north can be reached via the small town of Mirow ( on the main road 198) to black, more roads lead to Rheinberg and Wittstock / Dosse. The nearest railway station is located in the near Mirow, on the railway line Wittenberg - Strasburg.