Walow is a municipality in the western part of the Mecklenburg Lake District Mecklenburg -Vorpommern ( Germany ). It is administered by the Office Malchow, located in the eponymous city.
The community Walow is surrounded by the Mecklenburg Lake District. The up to 100 m above sea level. NN -lying forests and lakes rich area around Walow is ten to 15 kilometers from the four major lakes (Müritz, Kölpinsee, Fleesensee and Plau ), which are connected in a large arc through the Müritz- Elde waterway. The nearest towns are Malchow, Waren ( Müritz) and Robel / Müritz. The community is dominated by agriculture and some businesses.
Besides Lexow and Lexow expansion ( annexation on 1 January 2005) located in the Great Kreßinsee district Strietfeld belongs to the municipality Walow.
The first mention of Walow goes back to the year 1255. The district Lexow was first documented in 1298.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms was approved on 10 July 1992 by the Home Office and registered under the number 61 in the coat of arms role of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
Blazon: " Argent, a left blue pile yarn, accompanied in front of a three-tier red gable front of a house with four pale -arranged black arched windows, in the middle a silver column. "
The coat of arms was designed by the Neubrandenburg Lothar Herpich.
The flag of the municipality Walow is striped across the longitudinal axis of the flag cloth of white, blue and white. The white stripe on the hoist takes three-fifths, the blue stripe takes sixth and the white stripe on the Flugsaum seven thirtieths position of the length of the bunting one. The white stripe on the hoist is in the middle topped with the figure of the municipality coat of arms: a three-tiered red gable front of a house with four pale -arranged black arched windows, in the middle a white column. The figure assumes an eight -ninth of the amount of bunting. The height of the flag cloth behaves like 3 to 5
→ See also List of monuments in Walow
- Neo-Gothic two-storey manor house ( castle ) of the family von Flotow in Walow of 1872 and Flotow 's mausoleum near the church.
- Village church Walow; plastered timber-framed building from 1845 with roof skylights
- Village church Lexow; Hall church from field stone from around 1400 with a 300-year old pulpit; Neo-Gothic narrow brick tower of, 1888.
- Polygonaldolmen of Lexow east of the town of about 3500 and 2800 BC as a megalithic grave of the Funnel Beaker culture.
Village church Walow
Chapel on the cemetery Walower
Village church Lexow
From Walow of lead connecting roads in the surrounding towns Malchow, Waren ( Müritz) and Robel / Müritz, as well as to the motorway exits of goods and Robel on the Autobahn 19 (Berlin - Rostock). The nearest railway station is located in Malchow ( railway line from Waren (Müritz) about Lübz to Parchim ).