Gnevkow is a municipality in the northeast of the county Mecklenburg Lake District. It is administered by the Office Treptower Tollensewinkel based in Old Treptow.
Geography and transport
Gnevkow situated about ten kilometers north-west of the Old Treptow and about 22 kilometers southeast of Demmin. The highway 35 ( former federal highway 96) runs to the east of the church. The Federal Highway 20 is accessible via the Anklam connection. Through the community's railroad Neubrandenburg Stralsund leads (Berliner Northern Railway ).
- Letzin settlement
The place Gnevkow was first mentioned in 1268.
The village belonged until 1818 to the Official Klempenow. In 1862 the village had 421 inhabitants Gnewkow with the State domain Vorwerk and Marie height.
The village church Gnevkow is a plastered stone church (using bricks on the east pediment ) from the 15th century. The altar wall ( from wings of a former Schnitzaltars ) shows figures of saints (first half of 16th century). The pulpit from the 17th century is flanked by two figures Marie and Two Angels (14th century and first half of the 16th century). Before the western gable wall is a newly erected belfry with bell from 1827. 1999 to 2003, foundation, walls and roof of the temporarily secured by the building locked church and repaired.