Lindenberg is a municipality in the district of Mecklenburg Lake District. The municipality is located southwest of Demmin. It belongs to the Office Demmin country, which has its administrative headquarters in Demmin. Until 1 July 2004, Lindenberg belonged to the Official Borrentin.
Geography and transport
Lindenberg is located about ten kilometers northeast of Stavenhagen and 17 km south-east of Demmin. Federal highway 194 runs west of the community. The district Lindenberg, which is located in the center of the municipality 's territory, is just off the highway 272 and on county road 297 through the Lindenberg Augraben flows.
- Kruse Mark Hagen
The result is Lindenberg ( Rellin ) from a Slavic castle from the 8th / 9th Century. The village was first mentioned as Rellin on January 31, 1283 as the property of Bishop Herman to Pomerania.
The current location Lindenberg earlier consisted of two field marks, the original Slavic Rellin and to the added during the German colonization of the East German settlement Lindenberg. Border between the two places was the Augraben, as reflected in the map of the Swedish National Survey of 1698. Today's projected to Lindenberg village church was originally part of Rellin, as evidenced by some documents from the 16th century, now preserved in the National Archives of Greifswald. It was the actual village, during which Lindenberg basically consisted only of the two ramparts east of Augrabens.
Lindenberg was until the death of Hans Voss in 1535 the center of the lordship of this noble family. Already in 1366 they had received from the Prince of Werle the right to build an attachment in Lindenberg. Therefore, after the death of Hans Voss broke out a dispute between the dukes of Mecklenburg and Pomerania which because of the heritage, but the decided the Pomeranians for themselves. They formed from the possessions of Voss, which as a second Sitzgut yet (Alt ) Kentzlin belonged to a ducal office Lindenberg, which was managed along with the possessions of the monastery secularized Verchen by a bailiff or bailiff.
The dukes of Pomerania - Wolgast, one of whose territory Lindenberg, built the old castle of Voss in the late 16th century to a hunting lodge, of which there is a contemporary description in the Province Archives Szczecin. But only a little later had to Duke Philip Julius pledge to his court marshal Hans of new churches, the Office Lindenberg for removal of the huge burden of debt. After his death it took over his brother Christopher of New Churches and after his death it was divided among his heirs. At the time of the Swedish National Survey 1698 is the possession of the Office informed the District Warnstett and a gentleman of instincts. Smaller parts of the Office were already gone earlier to other lien holders.
Only with the acquisition of territory by Prussia in 1713, this changed and the Office mostly came again in royal possession. An overview of the acquis are compiling in Bruges 's description of the Duchy of Pomerania Prussian share of, 1779.
The two districts Hasseldorf Kruse and Mark Hagen are about since 1945 to Lindenberg. Lindenberg was on the border of the Prussian province of Pomerania Mecklenburg -Schwerin.
→ See also List of monuments in Lindenberg ( Vorpommern)
- Village church Lindenberg, stone church from the 16th century. The destroyed in a fire in 1920 the church tower was rebuilt in 2012. Reredos and altar barriers in the Renaissance style, as well as the pulpit and the parish pews date from the 17th century. Wall murals are inscriptions dating back to 1597. The Green Mountain organ in the church was built in 1867 in Szczecin.
Was born in Lindenberg Karl Wilhelm Stolle (1704-1779), pastor and chronicler of the town of Demmin.