Vipperow [ fipəʁo ː ] is a municipality in the southern part of the Mecklenburg Lake District Mecklenburg -Vorpommern. It is administered by the Office Robel -Müritz based in the city Robel / Müritz.
The community Vipperow in the Mecklenburg Lake District is located at the southern tip of Lake Müritz, more precisely at the entrance of the Elde ( an extension of the Müritzarms ) in the Small Müritz. From Vipperow opposite bank of the Little Müritz the channel branches off to Mirow, he is part of the Müritz- Havel waterway. The hilly terrain west of Vipperow reaches 79 m above sea level. NN. The city Robel / Müritz is about eight miles away, Priborn about three kilometers, Mirow about ten kilometers.
To Vipperow part of the district Solzow.
Coat of arms
Blazon: "Under the green sign head in gold over a blue sign foot an ongoing black boar with silver armor. "
1178 emerged the first time in a document on Vipperow, in the diocese of Schwerin by Pope Alexander III. was confirmed. This originally slavic populated village is the oldest in the region around the Müritz. Vipperow was the end of the 12th century important than today's centers Waren (Müritz) or Robel / Müritz, of which the remaining assets announce at the Castle Wall Island. In the Thirty Years' War, the village lost two thirds of its people and recovered only slowly thereafter.
The crossing of the Müritz arm was realized from 1843 to 1846 by the construction of earth dam.
In the rectory (built in 1819 ) there was the 1988 " Vipperower Peace Circle ", led by the pastor Markus Meckel, the later (last) Minister of Foreign Affairs of the GDR government, together. The end of the 1970s from the GDR to West Germany meantime, moved actor Manfred Krug had in the community Vipperow a country house, which he gave to the community as part of its relocation.
Tourism is expected to play an even greater role in Vipperow in the future. In addition to the planned construction of the new marina and a holiday resort the manor house has already been renovated in the district Solzow and converted into a castle board.
→ See also List of monuments in Vipperow
- The village church in Vipperow is a late Romanesque stone building from the 13th century with a Gothic brick gables and windows and truss tower from the 18th century. He is the oldest church building in the Müritz region. The church has in the establishment of a valuable carved about 1500, in the 1970s Gothic wall paintings of the Last Judgment from the 14th century have been discovered and exposed.
Building materials ( boulders, break, mortar, bricks ) at the village church
The Federal Highway 198 from Plau crossed to Neustrelitz in Vipperow the Müritzarm and is the main east -west road link to the south of Mecklenburg. The motorway junction Robel / Müritz A 19 (Berlin- Rostock) is about 16 km, the nearest train station in Mirow about 16 km.