Ludorf is a municipality in the district of Mecklenburg Lake District Mecklenburg -Vorpommern. It is administered by the Office Robel -Müritz based in the city Robel / Müritz.
The municipality Ludorfs east of the city Robel / Müritz located on the southwestern shore of Lake Müritz, Northern Germany's largest inland lake. Two-thirds of the municipal area consist of a part of Müritz, one third is land area - a peninsula that is formed in the north- west by the Müritz bay of the inland sea and in the southeast through the southern tip of Lake Müritz. In the north tower of the Great Schwerin and 19 m above the lake level (81 m above sea level. NN ) lying Steinhorn two headlands in the lake, both of which are protected.
To Ludorf include the districts Gneve and Zielow.
Ludorf was first mentioned on May 8, 1346 at the rededication of the church by the Bishop of Havel mountain. The history of the Middle Ages was dominated by the family of Mori (h ) n, which justified its non-existent since the Thirty Years' War settlement Mori (h ) n immediately north of Ludorf. Today the remains of the fortifications are a monument ground. Later Ludorf passed into the possession of the family of Knuth, the manor house was built in 1698 ( a family run business today).
In the district Zielow was in GDR times, built a children's summer camp and entertained, which has been left to decay after 1990.
→ See also List of monuments in Ludorf
- The church is by its octagonal plan as a rare octagonal church in the Brick Gothic architectural feature. The central building has a porch and an eastern apse. Your consecration was mentioned in documents in 1346. The church was probably 200 years earlier, that is erected around 1150 by the returning home from the Crusades Knights Wipert Morin, who had the holy grave in Jerusalem as a model in mind. Was followed by various conversion. It was extended by four annexes, of which the north and south each polygon chapel.
- The small local museum near the church displays finds from the time when the landowners of the region in the 19th century significantly contributed from expansive reasons to sail boom in shipbuilding. It is located in the former Gutsverwalterhaus, north of the manor house.
- The road to the beach Ludorf leads behind the manor house Ludorf derived from 1698, through the park, a small wood with ponds which all seem to contain black water, as the pond grounds are covered with vermodertem foliage.
- At the beach you will find the unique in Germany in their growth form stilts oak, an approximately 250 year old stately oak, whose root area was exposed by early flooding and has thereupon formed from the outer Strong roots three ordinary feet, the roof over a ground floor cavity. It is an approximately 23 -meter-high specimen plant.
- The tower hill northwest of the town center, housed in the Hanseatic period a fortified tower. To see today is the hill with some worn- wall parts ( the stones were used to build other buildings ) and the surrounding moat him (which is drained down to a trickle ).
- The central building of the village Ludorf provides the mansion from 1698 is that after the end of the Thirty Years' War, also from the remnants of feasts Morin ( tower hill, see above) was built in clinker Danish Renaissance style. Now it was redeveloped into a hotel and restaurant. Right and left of the farmhouse you will find other historical buildings such as the wheelwright's shop, stables and the Gutsverwalterhaus.
Family coat of arms of Knuth
Octagonal village church
Personalities who have worked in one of these places
- Daniel Runge (1804 -? ), Theologian, lived there for childhood