Gielow is a municipality in the district of Mecklenburg Lake District Mecklenburg -Vorpommern. It is located about six kilometers south of the city and belongs to the Official Malchin Malchin on Lake Kummerow.
The municipality comprises the five districts Gielow, Hinrichs field, Liepen, Christinenhof and Peenhäuser.
Clockwise starting from the north:
Coat of arms
Blazon: "In a green slumped golden horseshoe with eight green nail holes; between the lugs a golden Abtsstab with a broken leg. "
Gielow was first mentioned on 5 August 1228. In a document Duke Wartislaw confirmed III. Pomeranian Gielows a donation to the monastery Dargun. From 1409 to 1618 the town was under the influence of the family of Malt tooth. They had signed a treaty of protection with the monastery Dargun. Due to the buyout of the rights to Gielow by the Duke Georg Hans Albrecht was the place thereafter in local government.
Through the introduction of free trade in 1866 evolved into Gielow, which was until then largely dominated by agriculture, the crafts. 1879, the railway goods Malchin was put into operation. This improved the economic development Gielows addition. Thus, a dairy and 1899, a milk sugar factory was built in 1894 in place. This also resulted in an increase in the population. At the beginning of the 20th century, about 1500 people were already living in Gielow.
1927 were founded in Gielow a turn, and a sports club.
During the Second World War forced laborers from Poland had to work in the local lime works. A lost their lives Come poles and a French forced laborers were buried in the cemetery of the Evangelical Lutheran parish - a memory of them is missing.
In the time of the GDR it came to the collectivization of agriculture in Gielow. In 1960, the last farmers of the community were incorporated into the local LPG. 1967 cattle combine was founded in Gielow. The merger of LPG in Gielow with the Schwinkendorfs in 1974 and the birth of the Cooperative Department of Plant Production ( KAP), the new structures have been further consolidated within the local agriculture.
In 1976, the built in GDR times kindergarten a new building. 1980, the 1884 -built school Gielows was expanded to include a gym and a boiler house. A year later came another school cultivation.
After the political change in the GDR and the reunification led to private operating foundations in Gielow, especially in the field of wood processing, Bauhandwerkes, agriculture and trade. The neglected infrastructure (roads, sewage treatment plant ) was renewed.
With the merger of the Office Malchin country with the city Neukalen on 1 July 2002 belongs to Gielow this new authority after it was previously one of the municipalities of the Office Malchin country.
- The Gielower Church has its origins in the 14th century. In the 15-16. Century the tower was built. With the change in the years 1897 /98 church buildings were cross-shaped expanded to the east, renewed the windows and the west portal and provided the interior with a Gothic wood trim. In-room amenities include a decorated with relief heads and leaf decoration granite baptism from the 13th century.
- The Gielower mill dates back to the time of settlement Gielows and was after the fire of the old mill rebuilt in 1872 as a four-story building. Here flour and animal feed was traditionally milled. After 1991, the plant was converted to produce energy.
- The moated castle in the district Liepen was built in the Middle Ages ( in the restoration of the moat wooden beams have been found dating from the 15th century ), but fell apart after the Thirty Years' War. On the island castle today's manor house was built around 1700 in the style of the rural Baroque. The outbuildings are more recent. Today is located in the grounds of the Denkmalpflegehof.
- Estate in the district Christinenhof, 1870 built by the family of Hahn