Karl -Heinz Tritschler ( born September 16, 1949) is a former German football referee. His most successful year as a soccer referee he had in the 1988/89 season, when he led both the DFB Cup final and the final of the European Champions' Cup and was named to Germany's Referee of the Year.
His first professional game, he led in the 2nd Bundesliga (South) on August 6, 1977 in a 6-0 success of SV Waldhof Mannheim on the FV Würzburg. His first try in the first Bundesliga graduated Karl -Heinz Tritschler on August 23, 1980 in the 1-1 draw between VfL Bochum and MSV Duisburg. Overall, he led 98 games of the 1st Bundesliga and 63 meetings of the 2nd Bundesliga. There are also five games in the DFB Cup and the legendary Bundesliga Relegation Rehearsal game in the 1985/86 season between the SC Fortuna Köln and Borussia Dortmund, Dortmund which won 8-0. The last game of his career was the match between Borussia Dortmund and FC St. Pauli, which Dortmund, on the 34th matchday of the Bundesliga season 1990 /91 with 5:2 could decide for themselves. Playing in his 98 Bundesliga he forgave 250 times the yellow card, 4 times the red card, saying 33 times a team a penalty to. Most often, he led parts of the 1st FC Cologne; namely 17 times.
In addition to feature lines in national competitions Karl -Heinz Tritschler was also at international competitions in use. So he whistled among others at the Summer Olympics 1988, the preliminary round match between Brazil and Australia ( 3-0) was as an assistant at the European Football Championship 1988 in use and whistled among others the final of the European Cup of Champions 1988/89 match between Steaua Bucharest and AC Milan AC Milan 4-0 which could decide for themselves. He had also in Europe Champions Cup quarter-final first leg between Spartak Moscow and Real Madrid on 6 March 1991. The game ended in a 0-0 draw His last international use.
- DFB Cup Final 1988/89 between Borussia Dortmund and Werder Bremen (4:1)
- European Champions Cup Final 1988/89 between AC Milan and Steaua Bucharest ( 4-0)
- Bundesliga Relegation 1985/86 ( playoff ) between Borussia Dortmund and Fortuna Cologne ( 8-0 )
- Olympic Summer Games 1988: 1 game ( first round; Brazil 3-0 Australia)
- European Football Championship 1988: 1 game ( As assistant; preliminary round USSR 1:0 Netherlands)
- U-17 World Cup 1985: 2 games ( preliminaries; Qatar 1:3 Mexico, Brazil 2-0 Mexico)
- European Football Championship Qualifiers: 4 games (2 EM 1984, EM 1988 1 Game, 1 game EM 1992)
- Football World Cup Qualifiers: 4 games (3 games World Cup 1986 game 1 1990 World Cup )
In a Bundesliga match between VfB Stuttgart and FC Bayern Munich in the 1984/85 season, there was an unusual dialogue between Ohlicher Hermann and Karl -Heinz Tritschler. Ohlicher abused Tritschler with the words "You are the biggest pig. " after Tritschler Bayern Munich had awarded a free kick. Tritschler asked out " Do you mean me?" and Ohlicher answered " Yes. ". Tritschler then shows him the red card and thus deported him from the field.
Honors and Awards
- " DFB Referee of the Year " (1): 1988/89
- " World Referee of the Year " (1 ) 8th place
- Golden Badge of Honour Referees Association Upper Rhine ( Südbadischer Football Association)
- Honorary Member of the Referee Association Freiburg ( Südbadischer Football Association)